You’ve heard about the great things that AI can do, but how to make it real? How to make it happen at a health system? It depends on quickly and reliably preparing complex, messy healthcare data for specific AI use cases. We’ve brought our Chief Technology Officer, Joe Schmid, along with healthcare consultant and voice tech leader Dr. Matt Cybulsky to discuss how to make these pipelines and use cases real. Will this discussion contain dense technical language? A little, but Joe and Matt are experts at making the complex simple for non-technical leaders. The goal is for healthcare leaders to have the right expectations and understandings on what’s needed to make AI projects work for their populations.
Dr. Matt Cybulsky – Founder, The Voice of Healthcare podcast
Joe Schmid – CTO @ SymphonyRM
Host: Chris Hemphill – Director of Client AI & Operations @ SymphonyRM
Topics in this Video
- 00:00 Introductions
- 04:51 The Inspiration Behind Moving Into Behavioral Economics
- 08:51 What is the right balance between using data science to identify clinical risk vs using it to identify ways to influence patient behaviors?
- 09:58 Where do we invest: clinical side vs influence?
- 13:02 What outreach, interventions, and activities actually help people to stay healthy?
- 15:02 What aspects are you excited about with new technology being able to influence patient behaviors?
- 19:16 Med Adherence As A Use Case
- 21:46 How can healthcare avoid trappings of becoming exploitative?
- 26:26 Knowing the ethical considerations that exist, what do healthcare leaders that are making decisions need to know before enabling data science capabilities?
- 29:43 What should organizations and healthcare leaders think about in order to ensure that a new technology is adopted and used over long term?
- 31:49 Conclusion