COVID-19 served as a stress test for our healthcare infrastructure, and in many cases, it cracked. Dr. John Glaser, Harvard Medical School’s digital transformation leader and former CEO of Siemens Healthcare, calls for a shift from “Transaction-Oriented” to an “Intelligence-Oriented” focus.
Dr. Glaser has a rich history leading IT and digital transformation efforts as CIO of Partners HealthCare, Senior Advisor to Cerner, and many other positions that move entire ecosystems. We are excited to dig deep on healthcare’s shift to intelligent, plan-centric organizations.
- 02:42 What’s the goal of healthcare informatics, and why is it important to healthcare?
- 04:47 What bad habits of the past still persist today?
- 07:40 Industry Parallels: How Healthcare can Emulate Plan-Centric Engagement
- 09:00 The Value Based Care Shift
- 12:13 Should the Medical Record Follow the Patient?
- 13:50 Interoperability in Other Industries
- 14:50 Interoperability in Healthcare – The Three Keys to Business Cases
- 18:00 Will Value Based Care Erode Patient Choice?
- 20:00 Scaling Population Health Initiatives
- 23:30 Patients don’t Always Want to Follow the Plan
- 24:30 Who is leading the charge for plan-centric engagement?
- 27:54 Care Outside the Four Walls: Remote Patient Monitoring
- 29:50 Reducing the Operational Burden in Population Health
- 31:40 The Pandemic and the Pace of Change
- 35:11 The Case Manager’s Role
- 36:40 Is Health IT Scary or Exciting Right Now?
- 39:18 Decentralized Innovation