- 00:03:42 Is healthcare a business?
- 00:06:56 Getting past old processes and focusing on your patients
- 00:09:20 Going greater lengths to connect with populations
- 00:13:00 Digital outreach & telemedicine
- 00:17:05 Video visits are here to stay
- 00:18:00 Marketing has the best data in the healthcare system to influence behavior
- 00:20:35 How HonorHealth captures the Voice of the Customer and influences decisions
- 00:24:50 The challenges of being a change agent
- 00:29:40 How do you know when to shift your long term goals?
We’re adjusting to so much change so fast it’s like the needed playbooks are written by the week. Craig Kartchner, AVP of Growth and Performance Marketing at Honor Health, shares marketing leadership experience from both his present role and his time at Intermountain Healthcare.
They’ve done some great things that healthcare marketers can use in their own organizations. First, we focused on breaking past old habits in campaigns. We covered how to focus on the business of patient engagement. We then walked into digital engagements that they’re promoting and how HonorHealth transitioned to telemedicine dominating more than 50% of appointment volume.
They stayed ahead of the curve and prepared for these changes by collecting data on patient preferences. Craig shares how they collected this data and the problems it highlighted in their own processes vs their competitors. Even with those problems highlighted, Craig’s team still had to overcome organizational resistance, and he shares how.
We concluded with discussion on overcoming organizational pressures and the challenges of being a change agent. This includes understanding how to organize across teams and understanding when to pursue which types of change.
Photo credit: @technobulka