Ann Goldman, Executive Director of Digital Strategy at MultiCare, leads a team of digital strategists focused on the latest in interoperability (CARIN & DaVinci), data science, and prescriptive analytics. Topics:
- 00:04:56 Interoperability: Healthcare’s Long Term Focus on Data Sharing & Data Science (CARIN/DaVinci)
- 00:08:45 What are the population health implications with interoperability in place?
- 00:10:30 What are success metrics that we can use? CMS & government perspectives?
- 00:12:00 Should Medical Reconciliation Take More than 5 Minutes?
- 00:17:38 Interoperability, Value Based Care, & Putting the Patient at the Center
- 00:20:26 Interoperability at Your Hospital: Getting Started and Overcoming Resistance
- 00:26:40 How organizations across the nation will invest in interoperability
- 00:28:55 Key Data Sources to Focus Efforts
- 00:32:10 Calculating ROI for Interoperability and Data Sharing
It’s a new decade, and health systems and providers still exchange documents and data through fax and by hand.
Why has this been the status quo for so long? Legacy technology vendors lack data sharing capabilities, and leaders face resistance when trying to change. Patients, payers, and providers, in the meantime, wait through month+ long processes to reconcile important medical information.
We hear about interoperability, APIs, and data sharing as mandates and theories, but how do they impact real patients and providers?
Because Ann is leading these efforts, she’s able to define the latest standards at a high level and then go deep in how they’re being used today. Ann shares how they’re taking reconciliation and other practices that used to take 45 days and driving results instantaneously. She also discusses how to start on these initiatives and start measuring value in a way that makes sense for hospital senior leadership.
Photo Credit: @clintadair