An expert in value-based care, Nick Bassett is the VP Population Health Services at Intermountain Healthcare’s Castell.
Value based care programs offer healthcare a big promise, but these care models are new to health systems. Therefore, properly aligning finance, population health, and outreach teams around these initiatives takes time to get it right. Health systems that do this well have become leaders in this transition. Nick Castell has spent the last 10+ years building and growing value-based initiatives. Nick also leads commercial/government contracts with networks.
Castell is Intermountain Healthcare’s new comprehensive health platform company. The company is focused on elevating value-based care capabilities with providers, payers, healthcare systems, and accountable care organizations.
Nick Bassett, Castell’s VP of Population Health, brings experience that spans:
- Analyzing clinical outcomes
- Allying and supporting physician support
- Creating programs and strategy
Nick’s background gives him a level of expertise he has been happy to share with the industry. SymphonyRM was able, therefore, to dig deep with Nick on how he balanced the transition and measured success. We also explored the data strategies needed to make moves!
Value Based Care Topics in this Video
- 00:00 Introductions
- 01:33 Thoughts and Reflections on Jacob Blake
- 06:04 Defining Value Based Care
- 10:11 Aligning Incentives: Payers, Providers, Physicians, and Patients
- 13:49 Impact of the Provider on Population Health
- 16:34 What can smaller organizations do address population health issues?
- 18:20 What role does data play in the transition to population health?
- 21:22 Personalized Conversations at Population Scale
- 24:48 Quantifiable Outcomes from Population Health Initiatives
- 28:32 How to Show Case Manager ROI
- 34:33 Addressing Social Determinants of Health Challenges
- 38:19 Diversity, Equity, Bias, and Data Ethics
- 40:48 Quantifying the Impact of Wellness & Prevention Models
Nick shares examples of how Intermountain and Castell have built strong models around Case Management and Population Health. Additionally, he explains how Prevention Models not only improve outcomes, but also have a positive impact on profitability. Proactive programs such as patient engagement for Chronic Kidney Disease management have set Intermountain as a leader in the industry.
Spend your lunch hour listening to Nick’s best practices. If you’ve got a few extra moments, let us know what you think!