Intermountain Healthcares takes an AI-driven approach to helping chronic kidney disease populations
Intermountain Healthcare’s Ray Morales (Executive Operations Director) and Chenlee Condie, RN|BSN|CNN (Nurse Manager) share how value-based care is rewriting the rules for effective patient outreach and engagement.
In this video, Ray and Chenlee share how Intermountain Healthcare’s Chronic Kidney Disease Program works both operationally and clinically. Both share how one doesn’t work without buy-in and engagement from the other. They also discuss the aims and metrics of the program and share how other leaders can execute on value based initiatives. The two speak in detail the importance of how Artificial Intelligence and data science help steer their approach.
View the conversation by topic:
- 00:03:40 How does Intermountain Healthcare’s Chronic Kidney Disease Care Program work??
- 00:07:35 Clinical Factors of the Program
- 00:09:34 Working with Caregivers
- 00:11:41 What types of tools do the care navigators use to help patients make the ‘right’ decisions?
- 00:13:00 Being Informed and Having Correct Resources
- 00:14:50 What is the impact that value based initiatives?
- 00:17:36 The Metrics that Matter
- 00:21:24 How does telemedicine factor to the goal of getting 80% home dialysis utilization?
- 00:22:05 How does Intermountain Healthcare’s data-driven approach actually work?
- 00:26:10 Is All Track a feature of SymphonyRM’s platform?
- 00:27:15 How can leaders work towards similar approaches in their own organizations?
- 00:30:40 Where at the capacity constraints in the system and how do you address them?
- 00:32:51 Would you like to be engaging more patients?
- 00:34:26 Advice on how to get started in this approach/platform?
Spend some time with Ray and Chenlee learning how this AI-approach has improved the health of their patients while improving clinic operations. We would, as always, love your feedback and questions.
Is there something innovative you are doing to improve the outreach and care for your patients? How are you using AI to improve outcomes?