SymphonyRM is proud to sponsor the second Annual Conference of The Strategic Regional Healthcare Organizations, The National Association (SRHO).
The event will be held on October 11-12 at the Union Station in Dallas, Texas and brings together leaders from current SRHO members and organizations interested in forming SRHOs, and hospital and health system executives to share knowledge on building and optimizing operating models for increased performance.
This year’s theme is Inspire, Share, and Scale and will cover key topics including the following:
- Transforming your cost profile while elevating patient care
- Optimizing performance with Medicare Advantage
- Health care issues facing large employers and innovative solutions
- Clinical integration best practices from the field
- Getting better contract terms for purchased services
- Managing the appropriateness of care to reduce health care costs
- Strategies for understanding and serving patients better
- Economics and opportunities in voluntary employee benefits
- Transitioning to a five-box organizational model
As more strategic regional healthcare organizations form, success will be driven by those SRHOs that make better use of data and orchestrate teams to drive smarter and personalized engagement with customers. As healthcare’s next best action company, we’re helping SRHOs drive proactive engagement for all patients with predictive analytics on one platform. Empowering teams with prioritized and evidenced-based recommendations helps organizations move to a member-focused operating model, improving the healthcare experience for both patients and providers.
2018 SRHO Conference Keynote
SymphonyRM CEO Michael Linnert will deliver a keynote address on Friday, October 12 at 8:40 AM. He will discuss how cross organizational teams can use advanced algorithms to better understand and serve their patients.
Get a “Next Best Action” Demo
We’ll also be exhibiting at the SRHO conference. Stop by to meet the SymphonyRM team, get a short demo, or discuss strategies to increase patient loyalty.