Furthermore, today’s COVID-19 pandemic brings new layers of stress and uncertainty for physicians who are either overworked or facing furloughs. Janae delved deep into the Sharp Index, what the data says about burnout, and the difficult issues and conversations health systems must address.
Navigate topic below:
- 00:01:58 Janae Sharp’s Story
- 00:06:39 What is provider burnout? How should we frame the problem?
- 00:10:27 What is the Sharp Index and how does it focus is on solving the problem of physician burnout?
- 00:12:20 Awards given out for Health Systems focused on Burnout
- 00:13:58 What are some of key findings since launching the Sharp Index?
- 00:20:04 The Right Tools to Motivate Change
- 00:22:08 How can we help out clients focus on metrics/actions that align with the Sharp Award?
- 00:27:53 Is technology supporting providers, or is it impairing providers?
- 00:30:40 What are the parallels with non-physician clinicians?
- 00:33:17 The Provider Burnout Differences Between Large & Small Organizations
- 00:36:15 The Role Provider Liaisons Can Play
- 00:38:24 Getting Provider Outreach to the Executive Level
- 00:41:40 How do we prepare for the wave of PTSD, depression, etc. that peaks after a crisis has passed?
- 00:47:20 Who do you see in administration to champion burnout prevention?
- 00:51:03 Closing thoughts & Reaching out to Janae Sharp
Join Janae to hear a candid discussion around the problems and dangers around the provider experience, and her data-driven approach to finding solutions. As always, we love your feedback! What are you doing to reduce burnout?