- 00:02:40 Have healthcare digital experiences caught up to the rest of the world?
- 00:06:30 Moral Implications: Digital’s Capacity to Save Lives
- 00:07:45 Artificial Intelligence (AI) in Healthcare
- 00:11:50 AI and the Patient Experience – Helping Healthcare Catch Up
- 00:16:00 Personalization and Empathy with AI
- 00:19:15 “Is my health system ready for change?”
- 00:20:30 Being an Innovative Leader
- 00:23:50 How to Set Expectations and Get Leadership Buy-in
- 00:25:50 Overcoming Organizational Culture Challenges (Lead Up Front)
- 00:29:20 Innovation is Personal — Starts with You
- 00:32:45 How to Work with IT, Reaching Out & Breaking Down Walls
- 00:34:20 John Marzano & Establishing Innovation Relationships Outside IT
- 00:37:00 Maintaining Momentum – Healthcare in the Lead
Ed Marx has led digital transformation at HCI Group (Chief Digital Officer), Cleveland Clinic (CIO), Texas Health Resources (CIO), and many more key healthcare systems. This ability to transform and innovate in healthcare comes from his unique perspective and tenacity. Because of these experiences, Ed is a master of bridging gaps between departments in order to make healthcare innovations happen.
Ed shared details on his story and how to break down barriers between departments. Additionally, you’ll learn how to view projects in context of their impact on the patient and where to go for tips and tactics on leading health system change.